Friday March 9th, 2020
UPDATE ON ST. JAMES UMC RESPONSE TO COVID – 19 VIRUS
St. James UMC family,
In light of heightened concerns regarding the spread of the Coronavirus, I‘d like to reiterate precautions that I mentioned yesterday in service.
First, if you’ve been exposed to a person with the Coronavirus or the flu or have recently traveled to a CDC Level 2 or 3 country (China, Iran, Italy, South Korea, Hong Kong, or Japan), we kindly ask that you take a couple of Sundays off. If you or your family members are experiencing or have recently experienced symptoms associated with the flu or the common cold (fever, persistent cough, headache, chills, or unexplained rash), we ask that you insure all is well before coming to church.
Second, we’re taking measures to ensure our church environment is clean and safe for you and your family. This includes the following steps to prevent the spread of germs:
- Staff and volunteers follow hand-washing procedures and children are instructed to wash their hands after using the bathroom and before eating.
- Volunteers follow safe and sanitary diaper-changing procedures.
- Hand sanitizer (as availability allows) is located within our building.
- Staff will remove children from the classroom if they appear to be sick. Parents are immediately contacted to pick them up.
- Signs with CDC facts and guidance are placed throughout the church.
- Increase the cleaning frequency of our maintenance team.
Last, but certainly not least, we encourage you to stay up-to-date on Coronavirus by checking reliable sources, such as the WHO, National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control, and Global Health Tracker.
Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Rev. Dr. Michael T. McQueen Sr. Pastor